Friday, September 18, 2009

What not to send to school with a 5 year old.

Trent took his spiderman laptop to school on Monday for Show and Tell. Well, he didn't bring it back. He let a classmate borrow it. Ok, fine, I guess we didn't think to tell him not to lend it out to friends. So we just told Trent to ask him to bring it back. The next day he said that his friend let his sister play with it and it was dropped and broken. OH NO! And Trent also said that his friends dad was going to try and fix it. Well, ok, but that was Tuesday and Thursday Trent comes home and still NO laptop. So I give up on Trent to get it back, and I email his Teacher Friday morning. She said she would send a note home with Trent's friend to bring back the laptop. I am just wondering why his parents haven't sent it back already? I sure hope we get it back in one piece. I am still not sure if I should expect his friend's parents to replace it (if it is broken) or not since this exchange was done on the school bus and any parents unaware. From now on Trent can only take meaningless, inexpensive toys to school. hahaha

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Oh man I don't like when that happens. Makes you sick to your stomach.

Watson momma said...

if my kid came home with someone else's toy i would take it away from them and make sure they get it! that bugs me!! dallas has a firend that gives him money and i hate it! i tell him to not take it but he just can't resist that dollar! HAHA